At this point it feels like you have tried everything to move past your struggles, but nothing helps, and you have exhausted all options. The coping mechanisms that once worked have lost their effectiveness.
You have realized that you have a habit of overextending yourself in the hopes of finding a place where you belong. Or you are recognizing patterns in your relationships that you want to examine.
Therapy is a non-judgmental space in which you can overcome familiar patterns by being witnessed and heard, and learn tools and skills to improve your mental health.
How to Instashop.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Counseling from Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA, followed by a Master of the Arts in Counseling Psychology with a focus in Community Mental Health from the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, CA.
I value humor, play, creativity, exploration, feminism, pragmatism, and chances to build a healthy relationship with emotions that we are usually told to squash. Although we are taught to separate our intellect from our emotions, it is important to remember that we can have physical manifestations of our emotions, and that our bodies can affect our thoughts.
The world is often unwelcoming of those who do not conform to the status quo. Therapy should be a space in which you can be validated and heard, without having to educate your therapist about the merits of your lifestyle or your social position.
As your therapist, I will collaborate with you to find the tools that best suit you and your needs. I welcome your weirdness.
I provide therapy to adults who may be feeling: • Overwhelmed, and like they are not doing enough. • Uncertain that they are on the right track. • Concerned with how others perceive them. • Heartbroken or grief-stricken. • Distrusting of their gut. • That they do not know where to go or what to do to fit in. • Discomfort with the gender they were assigned at birth, and interest in transitioning. • Fear of being watched or followed.
Therapy can help you
• Decide how to have strong relationships with appropriate people.• Share what you hate and love about yourself and others. • Better communicate your needs and wants. • Discover ways to be kinder to yourself.
Who I Work With
I have a passion for working with people from alternative and historically marginalized backgrounds and experiences, including, but not limited to:
• Coming out, or questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.
• Identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or queer.
• Being transgender, gender non-conforming, gender queer, gender fluid, or non-binary.
• Practicing alternative relationship structures, such as non-monogamy or kink/BDSM.
• Experiencing being othered or marginalized due to race or ethnicity.
• Practicing atheism, agnosticism, polytheism, or otherwise non-conforming spiritual or magick practice.
Issues that I work with include
• Managing overwhelming emotions.
• Grief, loss, and heartbreak.
• Feeling invisible and/or alone.
• Auditory hallucinations and paranoia.
• Lasting effects of childhood trauma.
• Impact of societal oppression.
• Gender transition.
• Difficulty with motivation.
• Communication barriers in relationships.
• Dream work.
• Body image concerns.
• Fear of asking for help or care.
with your inquiries.
Let's get you where you want to be.
You are welcome to contact me by phone, e-mail, or by filling out the form below, to discuss any questions or concerns you may have about wanting to work together.My office is located in Albany in the East Bay, next to an 18 bus stop. There are four small stairs up to the office, but there is not elevator access.
We will start out with a free 15-20 minute phone consultation to make sure we are a good fit.
You should receive a response within one business day of contacting me.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Mental Health Care America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Alameda County Crisis Support Services
- Crisis Text Line
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Hearing Voices Network USA
- Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Alliance of America
- Strong Minds Project
- Trans Lifeline
- Transgender Law Center
- Pacific Center
- Project Health
- Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- the Trevor Project
- the Asexuality Visibility & Education Network
- GLBT Near Me
- GetBetter - for assistance with reimbursement from Health Insurance.
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
- Unmarried Equality - Unmarried Equality advocates for equality and fairness for unmarried people, including people who are single, choose not to marry, cannot marry, or live together before marriage.
- Kink Aware Professionals
- $4 Prescriptions
- Needy Meds - help with the cost of medicine
Supervised by Rawna Romero, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #41466Practicing through the auspices of Grateful Heart Holistic Therapy Center, a nonprofit organization providing affordable psychotherapy services to adults, children & adolescents, couples and Families throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
902 Curtis Street Albany, CA 94706